Healing my Knee with E.F.T.

When my kneecap returned to its normal position, after a dislocation, i used E.F.T. to tap through the trauma.  Here i give a full script of what I said as I tapped.

I’d like to put a little caveat here.  This is me sharing my personal experience of handling a dislocation.  I am in no way recommending that others should follow such steps.  Nor am i suggesting that it is better than going down the route of western medicine.  My only recommendation is that we each listen to our own body and act in accordance with what is best for us.  I present this as my true experience of using energy work to heal a physical ailment.  It is important that we each take responsibility for our own bodies & listen to ourselves rather than anyone else.  That all said, i hope you’ll find something interesting to assist you in your healing journey – be well!

With E.F.T. it’s best to start on what is triggering you the most.  Within 5 mins of the 'relocation', I began tapping on:
"Even though I’m still in shock and it was very scary: I’m okay now.   It’s possible for me to tap through this experience with my knee and to feel calm."

Throughout this, taking deep, relaxing, breaths is incredibly important.

E.F.T. Tapping Points
Telling the Story Technique
I dived straight into the ‘telling the story’ technique.  I tapped through the E.F.T. Points {see above or watch this video} and told the story of exactly what happened:


"I am walking down the path, almost at the front door.  I feel happy because it is still snowing even though spring is almost here.  I lift my leg to take a step up onto the decking.  Then I don’t remember what happens but i’m falling and i think “my knee is doing that weird thing, when it almost dislocates but is then okay”.  But it wasn’t okay…it dislocated and i’m lying in the snow.  And my knee is dislocated."

Naturally, when i got to this point in the story huge bursts of emotions, shock and tears needed to be released.  A few rounds of tapping on:

"It felt wrong. But i’m okay now.  Right here and now, I am okay.  I am safe.  Even though i was so scared.  I still love and accept myself as I am."

After the intensity reduced further, i went into the specifics of what 'felt wrong':
"The bones were in the wrong place.  It felt bluerugh *shiver* *shudder* bleurgh.  I accept myself as I am.  I am still a good person.  I love my body as it is.  Everything’s going to be alright."

I had to do quite a few rounds on how ‘wrong’ it felt for the bones to be like this.  Which included going back and tapping on the 3 other times it had dislocated.

I continued telling the ‘story’ aloud…
"i was so scared because i was trying to push my knee back together, the way i had done in the past, but it didn’t work.  And i hated touching my knee and feeling the kneecap out there in the ‘wrong’ place.   And even though I was so scared, it’s possible for me to remember that everything was still okay. I can accept the reality that even though it felt ‘wrong’, it was actually perfectly ‘right’ because that’s where my kneecap needed to be in that moment.  And I can remember that in around 5 minutes it goes back into its usual place.
"Even though i felt so helpless i am still a good person.  Even though i hate feeling helpless and i hate that word: helpless, helpless, helpless [turbo tap!].  I deeply and completely love and accept myself exactly as i am.  It’s possible for me to realise that it’s okay to ask for help and support.  i don’t have to do everything on my own.  Even in those moments when i felt so alone, scared, out of control and helpless, I was still being supported by the Love of the Universe, of my angels, spirits and guides. I’m grateful to the angels who helped me in those moments. I was still supporting myself & doing what was best for me in that moment. I’m grateful to myself for taking care of me!"
"My cries attracted Antoine [my boyfriend] and he came, but he couldn’t reposition my kneecap either.  He was so calm & even though i was still terrified, i felt more relaxed just looking at him.  He changed my position and i was scared that he’d make it worse but it was okay.  He looked me in the eyes and reminded me that he’d studied this in his first aid course.  He asked if he could pull on my leg and i said yes.  As he pulled he asked if it was okay.  I told him it was.  I realised that i was breathing really quickly and i reminded myself that stressing and fast breathing never helps anything, so i calmed down my breathing. 
"But it wasn’t working.  It wouldn’t go back into place.  I was so scared again.  I thought I may have to go to the hospital.  And I had no idea how we’d get there, as there was a snow storm and the car is a 5 minute walk away.  Antoine told me he was going to put his foot on my chest to pull on my leg more.  I nodded.  But as he changed position he put his hand on my leg with the dislocated knee and the pain increased. 
"I realise this was an accident.  Even though it hurt so much.  Even though it was silly and thoughtless, i realise that he had my best interests at heart and was doing everything he could to help me.  I forgive Antoine for putting weight on my leg.  I release any bad feelings I have towards him for hurting me.  I am so grateful that he was there.
[This may seem silly & obvious to some, but it’s good to be totally honest with yourself as you go through the story & really tap on EVERY aspect of it.]
"I remembered to tap a little, so i was doing that.  I was focusing on my breathing & asking for help from the angels. Antoine pushed on my chest and pulled on my leg & my kneecap went back into place.  I felt so relieved, but completely overwhelmed.  As he helped me up i walked over to where I’m sitting now.  I thought I was going to vomit, but that feeling passed.
"And now I’m sitting here, tapping and it’s okay.  I honour how traumatic that experience was for me.  I am grateful that I’m taking care of myself right now.  In this moment, everything is okay.  I love and accept myself as I am.  I am strong and brave.  I am in the process of healing.  I trust that everything is going to be okay and that my knee can be strong again."

I then tuned in to see which parts of the story still had an intensity rating.  Then I told the story over again from the start.  I tapped a little more on the bone being out of place.  And I tapped more on the helplessness, until those had significantly reduced.  I ran through the whole story another time, realising that there was no shaking in my voice, no tears and that i felt neutral about the whole experience.

Completely amazed!  I tapped IN some of that too.  How proud i was of myself for being able to clear such a traumatic event in about 30 minutes.

Related Fears
i was aware that i was afraid to go outside.  i had slipped on the snow & as soon as i walked out the front door i would have to walk on snow again.  we live in a yurt, with a toilet a good 25 steps away, which meant i had to clear through that.

i asked my boyfriend to mirror me as we tapped through this fear.  The script was something along the lines of:

"Even though i'm scared to go outside and walk on the snow.  What if i fall and hurt myself again?  I deeply and completely love and accept myself.  This fear of walking on snow, leaving the yurt, walking on slippery snow.  I am a good person.  I accept the reality that in this moment I am scared of walking on snow.  That's okay.  It makes sense that i am trying to make sure I don't injure myself again.  I am grateful to myself for taking such good care of me.  
I also choose to remember that at some point in the future, it will be possible for me to walk on snow.  I can do this whenever I choose.  I can take this at my own speed.  If i have to find a way to stay in the yurt for a whole week, without going outside, i can do that.  Whenever i am ready i can walk on snow.  i can walk on snow *slowly* and *carefully* (repeat several times those words).  
Even though there's still a part of me which is scared of walking on snow, i can feel how this is lessening & i am becoming more ready to venture outside.  i am so grateful to myself for all this healing.  i am grateful to my body for repairing itself so well.  i am grateful to my mind for upgrading its beliefs so efficiently, with what is in accordance with my highest good.  
i forgive myself for any fear i had about walking on snow.  i realise now i was trying to keep myself safe.  The truth is that if i walk slowly and carefully on the snow, taking Antoine by the arm at first, I am ready to give it a try.  I can use my stick as I walk slowly and carefully on the snow.  If for any reason I don't feel comfortable, i can come straight back inside.  I feel ready to give walking on snow a try.  I love an accept myself however this goes."

About 15 mins after starting the tapping i was able to walk on snow without fear.  Antoine held my arm in the beginning, then i walked alone with my stick.  This was incredible!  Fifteen minutes earlier I had been trembling at just the thought of walking on snow, now i was able to feel confident in my slow and careful steps!


Further Tapping 
Tapping through the following fears, beliefs, self-talk: 
–      I can’t heal this myself.
–      Deeper fears around being helpless.
–      My desire to be ‘dislocated’ from society, like a hermit.

I also tapped through:
–      Unhealed memories/emotions from the 3 other times it dislocated.
–      The Conditioning (one of my tarot) from what doctors have told me in the past about knee dislocation.

Positive Statements / Affirmations
Some of the positive statements/affirmations which i tapped in where:
It’s possible for me to heal my knee.
I’m grateful for receiving support from others.
I am proud of my commitment to healing myself.
I am grateful for this opportunity to listen to my body
I am excited to use my healing tools in a new way.
I know how to take care of myself.
I care for my well being.
I am strong.
I heal quickly.
I love my knee!
I choose to believe that my knee will have a full and complete recovery. 
It’s possible for my knee to be even stronger after this experience.
The healing of my knee can happen at a quantum light speed, as i’m using quantum light speed tools!
I am curious to discover what lovely surprises the Universe has in store for me & how it will help & support my recovery. 

You can read more about the other healing techniques i used to heal my knee {here}.
Visit my E.F.T. website:  E.F.T. Harmony

No comments:

Post a Comment